- November Pack Meeting - The next Pack Meeting will be on Wednesday, November 15th.
November Pack Meeting The next Pack Meeting will be on Wednesday, November 15th. The meeting will start promptly at 7:15 PM. Please arrive EARLY so we can start on time. ALL SCOUTS should be in FULL UNIFORM. This will be our annual Raingutter Regatta, where the boys have a chance to show they can work as a team to propel their boat to victory! Also as you'll see below, we're still looking for a couple of parents to run the regatta, if you haven't already signed up for a Pack volunteer role, please consider this.
The Wolves have set up, so please plan to arrive by 7 PM. The Tigers will be performing the opening and closing ceremonies. The Bears have cleanup, so plan on sticking around about five mintues after the meeting.
Scouting for Food - The annual Scouting for Food (food drive) will be held November 4th (bag drop off) and November 11th (bag pick up). The is done as a Den, and your Scouts's Den leader has assigned territory for each den. The is a great opportunity for the scouts to participate in a service activity to assit those in need. We look foward to a record collection this year.
"Rocket Into Scouting" Launch Day - This year there's a new event for all newly registered Scouts: all the new Scouts will receive a free model rocket, and there are several Launch Days being scheduled by the Council(including a date @ Hanson Farm November 4th). Current Scouts are welcome too! you can register here, in addition to the rockets (which can also be purchased online, then picked up and built at the event), there will be a climbing wall, archery, and more.
Pack Hike - The fall Pack Hike will be the afternoon of Sunday November 5, here are the details:
- Where:Cabin John Valley Stream Trail, at Cabin John Local Park
- When:Sunday, November 5 at 1 p.m.
- Park at: Cabin John local park, 7401 MacAruther Blvd.
- Description: Enjoy a brisk day of hiking the Cabin John Vealley Stream Trail. Outside of peaceful views of nature, there are rocaky beaches and one sany beach to acces the stream. Please visit this link to access a map of the trail; page three shows the parking area for Cabin John Local Park.
- What to bring: Please bring good hikning shoes, a backpack with snacks and water
Parent Volunteers - Thank you to all of our parents who have signed up for volunteer roles for the Pack. For those who haven't yet had a chance to sign up, you may find the link at signup-genius
Here are some of the positions we are currently looking to fill:
- Raingutter Regatta: The Regatta is the main activity at our November Pack meeting (November 15th) the boys race boats they have made.
- Pinewood Derby: We're looking for several parents to cover everything from the race itself to handling refreshments and the sutdent volunteers who help us out. MOrning of the first Saturday in March (March 3rd).
Popcorn Sales - Popcorn sale forms were due back ot Stacey Buckner by October 30.
Popcorn pickup will be at the Buckners' the weekend of November 18-19(specific day/time info to come), and all money is due to Stacey by December 4th
Pack 436 Website - The Pack 436 webiste is www.pack436.com. A copy of this newsletter as well as information about our meetings and events can bwe found on the website. The Pack calendar is on the website as a Google Calendar, events can be added to your own calendars by clicking on the "Goolge Calendar" button just below the calendar on the right-hand side. Contact Steve Meyer (email@example.com) with any questions or comments.
Communication - We will continue communication via e-mail in the form of a monthly newsletter and occasional special announements. Your email address will NOT be given out to anyone and will be used for Cub Scout related events ONLY. Please keep us informed of any changes in e-mail addresses. If there are any changes, please contact Eric Victory at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Feedback - We encourage your feedback on ways that we can improve Pack 436. Please forward your input to Eric Victory (Committee Chairman) at email@example.com. We appreciate your input!
- PDF files for current and previous newsletters are available here:
- September 2014
- October 2014
- November 2014
- December 2014
- January 2015
- February 2015
- March 2015
- April 2015
- May 2015
- September 2015
- October 2015
- November 2015
- December 2015
- January 2016
- February 2016
- March 2016
- April 2016
- May 2016
- September 2016
- October 2016
- November 2016
- December 2016
- September 2017